Saturday, July 9, 2011

Personal Accomplishment

Today, my wife and I competed in two separate running events. We had joined a community running group and recently completed the 12 week program. My wife set a personal record in the 10K run and finished 2nd in her age group. I ran a half marathon,  set a personal record, and finished 4th in my age group.
What a great feeling to successfully finish a program and achieve the goals you had set at the beginning of the program. It was such a success we signed up for the next 12 week session!
It doesn't take much to get off the couch, meet new friends who look out for each other, and achieve personal and group goals. All communities have these types of walking and running groups. You do not have to be an elite runner. Try it-It your Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment